There are so many blessings that come with being a mom. Most recently I have found joy in getting up early with Lorenne to help her get ready for school. Most of you know that I am not a morning person so you would think that I would hate getting up, but I have really enjoyed it. I am getting a lot more done during the day because I have added a few hours by getting up and started earlier.
Lorenne and I walk to her bus stop each morning. And as we walk, we talk. I love those few minutes when it is just the two of us. Her favorite phrase recently is, "can I tell you this?" Sometimes it is just silly stuff and other times it is the opening for a quick life lesson.
One of my goals as a parent is to be open enough that my kids feel comfortable in coming to me to talk. There is so much for our kids to deal with now that they need good righteous counsel. I want to be the source of that for my children.
Another benefit of walking Lorenne to the bus is being able to visit with the other moms that are there at the bus stop. Those few minutes each morning and afternoon visiting with other women is so rewarding. I feel like my circle of friends has expanded greatly.
How grateful I am for the small blessings that add up and are evidence of my Heavenly Father's love for me.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love those quiet one-on-one times too. :)
ReplyDelete