One of the reasons I decided to serve a mission was because a friend told me that it would change my life forever. She was right. So much of my life today is affected by the decision I made to serve a mission.
Today I heard from a friend I met on my mission. Jack and his family are my favorite family from Texas. For some reason Jack and I just clicked. He was like an older brother to me. Or as he said, he was my "project." My companion and I worked with Jack to get him active in church. Sister Jaime and I had so much fun with Jack and his family. If we were having a rough day doing missionary work we knew that if we visited them we would feel better.
Words can't express the gratitude I have for them and their love. They just loved us so much. It helped so I didn't miss my family so much.
My life was changed for the better when I met them; changed forever. It has been ten years since I returned from my mission and probably five since I have really heard from Jack. But the joy I felt today when I read his email was just as strong as if he had been a part of my life everyday for the last ten years. And in part, he has been. The experiences I had as a missionary have helped me become the woman I am. And Jack and his family were a part of that.
Friday, September 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment