Last night was one of those times as a mom where I wanted to pull my hair out.
I had gone downstairs to take a shower while the kids were watching Little Einsteins. Feeling much better after a hot shower (I've got a little bit of a cold), I came upstairs and walked down the darkened hallway to my room. As I reached my doorway I stepped into a big, cold puddle. I had a sneaky suspicion of what it was and started crying, "NO! NO! Please NO!" But when I turned on the light it was exactly what I thought.
We have a kitchenette in our part of the house with a small fridge. It is just the right size for Michael to get into by himself. Anytime he wants a drink of milk he gets the jug out and carries it to us, or if it is too heavy he pushes it along the floor until he finds us. He has even carried a jug outside to me while we were playing with sidewalk chalk.
You guessed it.....the puddle I was standing in was MILK. Almost an entire gallon of milk in a puddle on the carpet outside my bedroom door. I was NOT smiling.
I will count my blessings here that my in-laws own a Bissell carpet cleaner. I was able to use it to suck up all the milk and then shampoo the carpet some. I talked to the guy we bought our carpet from last year and he suggested I use really hot water to clean it one more time and he doesn't think I should have any problems. Thank goodness!
This morning I can kind of laugh at the ridiculousness of the situation, but last night I really wanted to pull my hair out.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ooooooh Noooooo! I'm glad they had a cleaner too....for your sake and for Michael's. :)
ReplyDelete