Wednesday, May 20, 2009

How did my kids get to be so good?

Last time I wrote I felt like pulling my hair out cause of Michael. This morning was one of those where you think, "Wow! How did my kids get to be so good?"
At breakfast I asked Lorenne to say the prayer. I am often amazed at the thoughtfulness she shows in her prayers. She prayed for Michael to feel better (he has had a cold) and for her grandparents and aunt to travel safely home from California. Then she prayed that our dogs would be good while they were staying at Uncle Nate's house and that they wouldn't chew on stuff so Nate wouldn't have to buy new stuff. I loved how specific she was in her prayer. I could definitely take some lessons from her.
Michael asked for some milk to drink with his breakfast. So I poured him a glass and asked Lorenne what she wanted to drink. She said she wanted milk. Before I could pour her a glass Michael handed her his glass and said, "Here, Lorn." He doesn't quite say Lorenne. Then he waited for me to pour him another glass of milk. I was so pleasantly surprised.
As a mom you wonder at times if you are doing any good with your kids. Then you have moments like I did at breakfast today and it gives you enough confidence to keep going.

1 comment:

  1. Love that! What a sweet prayer.....keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete