Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day


On Sunday morning I got a wonderful surprise as I was getting ready to go to church. My family gave me a beautiful lei for Mother's Day. It was such a wonderful gift. But it doesn't compare to the gift of my kids.
I love Michael and Lorenne so much. At times I want to pull my hair out in frustration, but I wouldn't trade them for anything.
Lorenne's teacher helped her "write" a letter to me for Mother's Day. It was similar to a mad-lib where you fill in the blanks. It was so much fun to see myself through her eyes. Here are a few of my favorite lines from the letter. The bold words are the ones she filled in.
1-I am pretty sure she weighs 33 pounds and is 10 feet tall.
2-Her favorite thing to do is watch Michael.
3-She is really good at washing dishes.
4-I love her so much because I like to play with her.
5-She loves me so much because I'm a good girl.
I can't quite put into words how her letter made me feel. I laughed and cried all at the same time. Lorenne sees more of what I do than I realized. I am truly blessed to have two such wonderful kids.

1 comment:

  1. Your lei is so pretty. I love the things that Lorenne said about you....so sweet!

    ReplyDelete