Two years ago Lorenne was in a musical called, Promised Land. Her Aunt Sara was directing it so she didn't have to audition to get in. Since doing the show Lorenne has wanted to be in another show. Last year she auditioned for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. She didn't make it in, but that hasn't deterred her from wanting to do another show.
Last week Lorenne auditioned for Music Man in American Fork. Sara was auditioning and wanted Lorenne to audition with her. I ended up taking Lorenne to the audition this time. I really didn't know how she would do. Sometimes she gets so shy.
While we waited for Lorenne's turn to audition we talked about what she wanted to sing. We needed to find something that she knew all the words to and could stay on pitch. She finally decided to sing the ABC song.
We went in the audition room with Sara. Sara did her song first and then it was Lorenne's turn. Sara held one of Lorenne's hands and I held the other. They asked Lorenne what she was going to sing. She told them and then she started to sing. I was so proud of her I was trying really hard not to just bawl. She stood up tall and sang loud and clear and mostly on pitch. They applauded for Lorenne and thanked her for auditioning.
Lorenne was so excited after her audition. She wanted to know when the rehearsals started. I told her that we didn't know if she had made it in yet. But she just talked on like she was in the show.
Well, today I got a message from the casting director. Lorenne made the ensemble for the show!!! I am so excited for her. I can hardly wait for her to get home from school so I can tell her. She is going to be ecstatic. Her first rehearsal is tonight. Fortunately Sara made the show as well so most of the time they will go to rehearsal together.
I will keep you updated on the progress of the show so if any of you want to come and see it you can.
I am so proud of Lorenne for having the guts to audition. This is going to be such a great experience for her.
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's awesome! Tell her congrats!
ReplyDelete