Thursday was Lorenne's last day of Kindergarten. I can't believe that my baby girl is old enough to have finished kindergarten. It was a wonderful year with an amazing teacher.
I'll admit that I was nervous when I found out that Mrs. Tingey was a first year teacher. But as it turned out there was nothing to worry about. Mrs. Tingey was an amazing teacher! The first time I went to her class and watched the kids transition from one center to the next I was thoroughly impressed. They were so quiet and did exactly as they were supposed to. That was when I knew that Lorenne was in good hands at school.
The growth that I have seen in Lorenne is so incredible to me. She went from knowing a lot of her letters and a few of their sounds to knowing the whole alphabet and their sounds and being able to read incredibly well. I'll take my credit in that I have read to Lorenne almost every day since she was born, but it was Mrs. Tingey who gave Lorenne the skills that she would need to read.
Lorenne has really come out of her shell and made some great friends at school. She even had her first "boyfriend" this year. That definitely caught me off guard. I loved when she got invited to birthday parties. It was a chance for her to be with her friends outside of school.
I am so proud of Lorenne and all that she has learned this year. Kindergarten is over and she is definitely ready to enter the world of First Grade.
Lorenne can come back and visit any time she wants! She learned so much this year and was a joy to teach. I think most of her achievement is because of her awesome mom. Thanks for your help this year :)
ReplyDelete